Planning and running the annual Woodcote Rally is a challenging but enjoyable task. We have many volunteers who help in different ways and enjoy being part of this fun and friendly event, working as part of a great team to try and raise as much money as possible for local organisations and charities. Why not join us?
What do our volunteers do?
The work varies and can require involvement in planning throughout the year, or just assistance during the two days of the rally.
We require help in the following areas:
- Assistance in preparing the rally site in the week prior to the rally and erecting road signs in the area.
- Assistance in dismantling the rally site in the days after the rally and removing road signs in the area.
- Stewarding on exhibitor entrance gates from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Ticket sales (you will need to be comfortable handling cash).
- Souvenir programme sellers at the rally.
- Marshals on site during the rally to direct rally traffic, and ensure the safety of our visitors.
- Assistance clearing up around the beer tent and stage at the end of each day.
Working on the gates or ticket sales, you will be the first person our visitors encounter when they arrive at the rally and we want to give them a warm welcome and competent service, we would, therefore, like you to be of a friendly disposition and able to remain calm when busy.
Some of the rally site work requires physical competence and has to be undertaken even in inclement weather!
We ask for at least a total of two hours.
We will supply high-vis waistcoats as necessary.