Following the introduction by Mr Peter Solomons (Woodcote Charitable Association Chairman), he and Mr Nic Bartholomew (Woodcote Rally Director) presented the awards to the best in class for the exhibits at Woodcote Rally 2014. The class winners came along to receive their trophies (some coming from far away, but a large number of them being local people from around the Woodcote area) showing their huge interest in the preservation of vehicles such as cars, motor bikes and not to mention, of course, steam engines.
- The Ran Hawthorne Memorial Shield for large steam was awarded to the Marcham family from Woodcote for their 1930 Fowler DNB 12 ton “Arfur”.
- The George Ballard Award for Veteran and Vintage Cars was awarded to Tim Corbishley from Checkendon for his 1924 Morris Oxford.
- The NatWest Trophy for Classic Tractors was awarded to Brad Murduck from Thatcham for his 1968 Ford Preforce 5000 and Ransones Norstean Mounted Cord Drill.
- The Bud Finch Tractor Driving Award was won by Granger Challis for his efforts with his 1953 Ferguson TEF 53.
Following a short interlude for refreshments, kindly provided by the Woodcote Village Hall Committee, Mr Nic Bartholomew, and a selection of the trustees of the Woodcote Charitable Association, went on to conduct the all important part of the evening by presenting all the cheques to the local charities and organisations who so appreciate the support that they receive, thanks to the good folk of Woodcote and local villages supporting the Rally each year.
- Riding for the Disabled (Wyfold) will use their donation to support the running of the club.
- The Village Hall Committee will use their donation to help refurbish the hall.
- Langtree School will put their donation towards buying a concert standard piano.
- Woodcote Amateur Dramatic Society for motorising the curtains on the stage in the village hall.
- Mowforth House will provide Christmas Lunch for their residents.
- Friends of Woodcote Primary School will help extend the Wi-Fi network in the school.
- The Griffiths Higgs Educational Charity will provide extra books for children as they move between their stages of education.
- Checkendon Brownies to help to fund summer adventures and a pack holiday.
The complete list can be seen below.
|£500*||Woodcote Cricket Club|
|£400*||Woodcote Badminton Club|
|£400||Riding for the Disabled (Wyfold)|
|£200*||Thames Valley Traction Engine Club|
|£500*||RG8 Badminton Club, Woodcote|
|£400*||Almshouses Bowls Club (Goring Heath)|
|£500*||Thames Valley Tractor Club|
|£400*||Reading Abbey Rugby Football Club|
|£400*||1st Stoke Row Scout Group|
|£1000*||Goring Heath Scout and Guide Group|
|£400*||Explorer Scouts (Goring on Thames Scout Group)|
|£1000*||Oxfordshire ‘Wallingford’ Army Cadet Force|
|£2500||Woodcote Village Hall|
|£1000||Woodcote/Goring Medical Centre|
|£1000||Woodcote Community Centre|
|£300||Checkendon and District Aid in Sickness|
|£1000||Thames Valley Air Ambulance|
|£200*||Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue Service (Firefighters Charity)|
|£400*||Woodcote Youth Club|
|£500||Woodcote Village Green Committee|
|£500*||Henley & District Young Farmers|
|£500||OWL (Our Woodcote Library)|
|£400*||RAF Benson (RAF Benevolent Fund)|
|£500||Woodcote Amateur Dramatic Society|
|£300||Mowforth House, Woodcote|
|£300||Goring Heath Almshouses|
|£750*||Cabin Pre-School Group|
|£850*||Woodcote Pre-School Group|
|£750*||Friends of Woodcote Primary School|
|£1250||Langtree School, Woodcote|
|£1000||Griffiths Higgs Educational Charity|
|£200*||Stoke Row C of E Primary School|
|£300||Christ The King, Woodcote|
|£300||St Leonard’s, Woodcote|
|£200*||St Peter’s (Caversham) Church Organ Fund|
|£250||Sue Ryder Care, Nettlebed|
|£250||Macmillan Cancer Support (Oxfordshire)|
|£250||Multiple Sclerosis (Henley on Thames District)|
|£400*||Marie Curie Cancer Care|
|£250||Thames Valley LUPUS Group|
|£250||Headway Thames Valley|
|£250||Hearing Dogs for Deaf People|
|£250||Dogs for the Disabled|
|£250||Enrych Oxfordshire (Ryder-Cheshire Volunteers)|
|£250||Macular Society (Goring Group)|
Over The Years
This is how some of the donations have totalled up over the years out of the £425,000 donated since 1964:
- £39,020 Woodcote Village Hall
- £18,487 Goring Heath Scouts
- £18,180 Woodcote/Goring Medical Centre
- £14,965 Woodcote Village Green
- £12.940 Langtree School
- £11,075 Woodcote Youth Club
- £10,355 St Leonard’s Church